Last Updated: November 23, 2021
Reagent Chemical & Research, Inc. (“Reagent” or “we” or “us” or “our”) is the largest supplier of hydrochloric acid in North America. Reagent also provides other products and services through its wholly-owned sub-divisions Prosys and White Flyer. Reagent maintains the website “reagentchemical.com” and its associated sub-division websites “prosysfill.com” and “whiteflyer.com” (collectively “the Sites”). The purpose of the Sites is to provide Reagent’s visitors and customers with electronic access related to its products and services.
GENERAL USE COLLECTED INFORMATION Information Automatically Collected
Use of the Sites causes servers to automatically gather and store certain information about your visit. This information may not identify you personally, except in situations where you have logged into the Sites using provided login credentials. This information may include, but is not limited to, your IP address, browser and computer metadata, mobile device metadata, geo-location information, domain names, access times and referring website addresses (if applicable). This information may be used by Reagent for the operation of the Sites, to maintain quality of the Sites and to provide general statistics regarding use of the Sites.
Information You Provide to Us
Any personal information provided either while on or through the Sites, through a Reagent function, in responding via email or completing a survey in connection with a feature provided on the Sites, will be used to respond to your message and to help us provide you with the information that you request. Reagent does not capture any such personal information without your knowledge or consent. This information may include demographics, first name, last name, address, telephone number(s), billing information and email address(es).
How the Information Is Used
Reagent uses the information collected from you to provide the Sites, respond to you regarding the reason you contacted us and to provide, maintain, protect and improve our services, programs and activities, to develop new ones and to protect Reagent, its affiliates, partners and visitors and customers. We may also use this information to offer you tailored content.
When you contact Reagent, we may keep a record of your communication to help solve any issues you might be facing. We may use your email address or other contact information to keep you informed about our services, such as letting you know about upcoming news, changes or improvements.
We may use information collected from cookies and other technologies, like pixel tags, to improve your user experience and the overall quality of our services. We will not combine cookie information with personally identifiable information unless we have your opt-in consent.
INFORMATION PROVIDED BY JOB APPLICANTS AND CANDIDATES
The Sites may be used to submit information to Reagent for use in a job application process. Information you share with us and/or which may be acquired or produced by Reagent during the application or recruitment process may include:
• Your name, address, email address, telephone number and other contact information;
• Your resume or CV, cover letter, previous and/or relevant work experience or other experience, education, transcripts, or other information you provide to us in support of an application and/or the application and recruitment process;
• Information from interviews and phone-screenings you may have, if any;
• Details of the type of employment you are or may be looking for, current and/or desired salary and other terms relating to compensation and benefits packages, willingness to relocate, or other job preferences;
• Details of how you heard about the position you are applying for;
• Any sensitive and/or demographic information obtained during the application or recruitment process such as gender, information about your citizenship and/or nationality, medical or health information and/or your racial or ethnic origin;
• Reference information and/or information received from background checks (where applicable), including information provided by third parties;
• Information relating to any previous applications you may have made to Reagent and/or any previous employment history with Reagent;
• Information about your educational and professional background from publicly available sources, including online, that we believe is relevant to your application or a potential future application (e.g. your LinkedIn profile); and/or
• Information related to any assessment you may take as part of the interview screening process.
How We Use Job Application Related Information
Your information will be used by Reagent for the purposes of carrying out its application and recruitment process which includes:
• Assessing your skills, qualifications and interests against our career opportunities;
• Verifying your information and carrying out reference checks and/or conducting background checks (where applicable) if you are offered a job;
• Communications with you about the recruitment process and/or your application(s), including, in appropriate cases, informing you of other potential career opportunities at Reagent;
• Creating and/or submitting reports as required under any local laws and/or regulations, where applicable;
• Where requested by you, assisting you with obtaining an immigration visa or work permit where required;
• Making improvements to Reagent’s application and/or recruitment process including improving diversity in recruitment practices;
• Complying with applicable laws, regulations, legal processes or enforceable governmental requests; and/or
• Proactively conducting research about your educational and professional background and skills and contacting you if we think you would be suitable for a role with us.
We will also use your information to protect the rights and property of Reagent, our users, applicants, candidates, employees as required or permitted by law.
If you are offered and accept employment with Reagent, the information collected during the application and recruitment process will become part of your employment record.
Who May Have Access to Your Job Application Information
• Your information may be shared with our affiliates, subsidiaries or any joint ventures in the US and in other jurisdictions, in relation to the purposes described above. If you have been referred for a job at Reagent by a current Reagent employee, with your consent, we may inform that employee about the progress of your application and let the Reagent employee know the outcome of the process. In some cases, if it is identified that you have attended the same university/school or shared the same previous employer during the same period as a current Reagent employee we may consult with that employee for feedback on you.
• Reagent may also use service providers acting on Reagent’s behalf to perform some of the services described above including for the purposes of the verification / background checks.
• Reagent may sometimes be required to disclose your information to external third parties such as to local labor authorities, courts, regulatory bodies and/or law enforcement agencies for the purpose of complying with applicable laws and regulations, or in response to legal process.
• We will also share your personal information with other third parties if we have your consent (for example if you have given us permission to contact your referees), or to detect, prevent or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues, or to protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of Reagent, our users, applicants, candidates, employees or the public or as otherwise required by law.
• It is your responsibility to obtain consent from referees before providing their personal information to Reagent.
Reagent takes appropriate steps to protect information about you that is collected, processed, and stored as part of the application and recruitment process.
Retention of Job Application Information
If you apply for a job at Reagent and your application is unsuccessful (or you withdraw from the process or decline our offer), Reagent will retain your information for a period after your application. We retain this information for various reasons, including in case we face a legal challenge in respect of a recruitment decision, to consider you for other current or future jobs at Reagent and to help us better understand, analyze and improve our recruitment processes.
If you do not want us to retain your information for consideration for other roles, or want us to update it, please contact email@example.com. Please note, however, that we may retain some information if required by law or as necessary to protect ourselves from legal claims.
Your Rights to Inspect Job Application Information
If you wish to exercise a right of access, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. We will respond to any requests in accordance with applicable law.
NOTICE TO INTERNATIONAL USERS
Reagent processes personal information on servers located in the United States (“US”) and or Canada.
The Sites provided by Reagent is not directed at children under the age of 13. We operate the Sites in compliance with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (“COPPA”) and will not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under 13. However, we may accept, store and use data on minors as part of the contact information that is required in order to provide the underlying or associated services. You consent to the use of your minor children’s information when you input the information into our system. However, we may request the parent’s consent in any way the law allows. For example, if the child’s personal information will be used only by us, we may also ask for the parent’s consent by email. If the child’s personal information will be shared with a third-party, we may verify that the person providing consent is the parent by asking for proof of the relationship. Parents have the option to consent to the collection and use of their children’s information without consenting to the disclosure of that information to third-parties, except to the extent that disclosure of such information is a necessary part of the activity for which parental consent is given.
You have the option to opt out of being contacted by or receiving non-transactional information from Reagent, its sponsors, affiliates and/or partners, and the option to choose how Reagent uses your personal information. You may, at any time, also review, update and correct your personal information. If you wish to exercise these options, please send an email with your request to email@example.com.
• was known to the Reagent prior to its gaining access to the information or data;
• is or becomes entirely in the public domain;
• is not uniquely identifiable as yours (i.e., personally identifiable information);
• received lawfully from a third-party through no breach of any obligation of confidentiality owed to you; and/or
• created by Reagent independently of its access to, or use of, your personal information.
Reagent has put in place industry-appropriate electronic, physical and managerial procedures to safeguard and help prevent unauthorized access to data, maintain data security and ensure correct use of the information we collect online.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
Reagent Chemical & Research, Inc.
115 US Highway 202
Ringoes, NJ 08551